Switzerland-based dacadoo has updated its digital health engagement platform, which is accessible on the iPhone and Android-based devices, as well as from the web.
Available in 11 languages, the app helps employees actively manage their health, and remain active and healthy by applying motivational techniques such as online games, collaborative features from social networks, personalized feedback and dacadoo's own Health Score to better understand and improve their health. The solution is provided as a fully branded, white-label app/service to health and life insurance companies, health & wellness service organizations as well as large and mid-size employers for health promotion in the workplace.
Version 3.5.0 is described as the most significant in years and contains multiple new features and improvements, including:
- Redesigned sign up process and onboarding experience.
- Newly added tutorial for newly registered users – to better guide them across all menu items on mobile and web apps.
- Addition of lifestyle-based articles in the "Coach" section, giving users additional information and guidance on how to improve their health and wellbeing. The articles are currently available only in English.
- Connection to Google Fit and the Samsung Health apps. That is in addition to the Apple HealthKit support that was added in the previous release.
- Improvements of the "Me" section – with more insights via dashboards to follow the progress of daily activities, goals and challenges.
"Platform release 3.5.0 is significant in many ways," Peter Ohnemus, founder and CEO of dacadoo, said in a statement. "It not only contains multiple improvements on existing features and usability based on user feedback but also introduces key new features which will help increase our user engagement".