Healthbox, a Chicago-based healthcare innovation services firm, unveiled the cohort of the 2017 Healthbox Studio program to support innovation. The five-day program is dedicated to fostering relationships between digital health startups and industry leaders through presentations, workshops, and mentor sessions from the Healthbox team and other industry leaders.
Healthbox hosts the program free of charge to selected companies with no required equity exchange. The program will be held October 9-13 at the Healthbox office in Chicago, IL and will feature an Industry Showcase scheduled for Thursday, October 12.
"The Studio is a nod to our roots as an accelerator, supporting the Healthbox legacy of entrepreneurial innovation," Kristen Lux, Outreach & Engagement Manager at Healthbox, said in a statement. "Our goal is to help accelerate these companies while getting our network of industry leaders engaged and excited about innovation within healthcare. We believe these solutions have the potential to greatly impact their organizations."
Ten early stage digital health startups are selected from an international pool of applicants to participate:
1. Agathos (San Francisco, CA): A mobile analytics platform that helps physicians optimize their practice patterns and demonstrate the value of the care they provide.
2. Baby Noggin (San Francisco, CA): A digital village that allows parents to track their kids' milestones at home, their pediatricians to get reimbursed from insurance, and the child to be connected to local resources and treatment when in need.
3. Care Advisors (Chicago, IL): Provider of live assistance on hospital websites that help them [hospitals] build new patient relationships and enhance patient access.
4. Ensodata (Madison, WI): A software-as-a-service that uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to automate complex and time consuming data interpretation previously left to clinicians.
5. IllumiCare (Birmingham, AL): An EMR-agnostic platform that presents providers with the patient-specific costs, risks, and other data at the point-of-care to empower a more diligent and efficient delivery of care.
6. kelaHealth (Durham, NC): Uses machine learning to predict risk for surgical complications and proactively intervene by guiding surgeons on best-practices at the point-of-care to decrease complications and improve quality of care.
7. Parasail (San Francisco, CA): Helps providers and patients focus on treatment instead of payment by offering a suite of products that make medical bills affordable for patients and get providers paid right away.
8. Smart Clinic (Phoenix, AZ): Provides educational content and automated procedure preparation reminders directly to patients to deliver delivers better health outcomes.
9. SonderMind (Denver, CO): Provides patients with a well-matched, trusted, professional therapist, while enabling therapists to successfully start and grow their private practice with technology tools, a community network of other professionals, and an insurance contracting and credentialing platform.
10. Trusted Health (San Francisco, CA): Developer of an automated matching platform that optimizes the healthcare workforce. It connects the right candidates with the right opportunities better and faster than ever before, starting with America's most trusted profession, nurses.
Healthbox works with leading healthcare organizations to develop and support innovation strategies through consulting and fund management services. To date, it has evaluated nearly 3,000 early stage companies and engaged with over 160 startups in Studio and accelerator programs, and worked with over 35 commercially-viable client projects.