Relevant Health, a digital health accelerator launched earlier this year, unveiled its inaugural class of startups, which will participate in a five-month program that involves an intensive product development focus.
“Relevant Health chose candidates who have a vision and business model for a product that promises significant positive impacts in the health sector,” stated Rich Bendis, BioHealth Innovation President and CEO. “A cohort of companies building wearable devices, consumer-facing health apps, and provider-facing healthcare platforms is a strong representation of the innovation occurring in the health marketplace.”
Relevant Health startups include:
- AgeWell Biometrics (Baltimore) – which is developing a predictive data analytics platform, that uses sensors in wearable and mobile devices to determine risk of falling among seniors.
- CheeksUp (Latvia) – developing a computer-guided system to support childhood speech therapy by making routine therapy exercises more fun for children, as well as more affordable for parents and convenient for specialists.
- ErgonometriX (Rockville, MD) – working on a wearable hardware device and related cloud-based analytics to identify, track and reduce workers’ high-risk lifting maneuvers that ultimately lead to lower back injuries.
- The Gastro Girl (Falls Church, VA) – developing a technology platform to deliver health coaching and support to the community of patients living with gastrointestinal conditions.
- Lazy (Washington, DC) – makes a product to simplify complex reporting requirements that impact hospitals and other health providers.
- Neopenda (New York City) – working on a wearable device that monitors the vital signs of newborns in low-resource neonatal units around the world.
- Werbie (Bethesda, MD) – developing a mobile and web application focused on nutritional coaching for women managing high-risk pregnancies.
“We have high expectations for this inaugural class and are excited to help them as they build world-class products and great businesses,” added Andy Richman, Partner at ProductSavvy and Relevant Health Managing Partner.