Launchpad Digital Health, the seed investor and mentor in digital health, announced a new seed round funding for 8 new early-stage companies, which have already started their twelve-month in-house immersion at Launchpad’s San Francisco 3-story hub. In addition, the company has closed more follow-on investments in Stop Breathe & Think, Tueo Health and Amicomed.
Launchpad is especially proud that more than half of these companies are headed by female CEOs, which is in line with their recent pledge and founding membership in Parity.org, an organization committed to empowering female leadership positions.
“No doubt, this next group of great co-founding teams will see the kind of rapid progress that our portfolio companies have achieved thus far,” Fred Toney, CEO & Co-Founder of Launchpad Digital Health, said in a statement. “We are also quite proud of our founding membership in Parity.org, to back and empower women in leadership positions and as CEOs.”
New seed deal companies include:
- Agathos – which is developing solution to define value by measuring care variation and costs. CEO is Andrew Trees.
- Addicaid – Headed by Sam Frons, Addicaid develops virtual addiction recovery programs.
- Elemeno Health – SaaS virtual coach for frontline healthcare teams, headed by Arup Roy-Burman, MD.
- Happy Couple – Makes software that provides daily interaction for couples to achieve greater happiness. CEO is Julien Robert.
- Omnicure – Telemedicine for intensive care units of medical facilities, headed by Sanjay Subramanian.
- Wellstart Health – Developer of physician-led digital programs for reversing chronic disease. CEO is Olivia Kelly.
- Mentia – Therapeutic digital village people with dementia and caregivers. CEO is Mandy Salomon.
- There is also one more company, that remains undisclosed at this stage.
As for the follow-on investments, they were made into following companies:
- Amicomed – Developer of a digital platform for mastering blood pressure, headed by Giangiacomo Rocco di Torrepadula.
- Stop Breathe & Think – Headed by Julie Campistron, the company provides daily emotional wellbeing for a younger generation.
- Tueo Health – Better breathing, for kids. Taking control of pediatric asthma with passive nightly monitoring, engagement and guidance. CEO is Bronwyn Harris, MD.
After its first three years, 85 percent of the Launchpad Digital Health companies are successfully completing substantial follow-on venture rounds, corporate strategic investments and/or partnerships on schedule, after building sustainable businesses and achieving substantial milestones to warrant this next major step.