The Minneapolis-based mentorship-driven accelerator announced its first class of digital health startups, which will be supported by executive leaders and subject matter experts from UnitedHealthcare along with the Techstars worldwide network.
The 10 companies selected for the program are focused on using technology to improve access to care, quality of care, cost of care and gaps in care. Combining technical innovation, clinical expertise and evidence-based guidance from UnitedHealthcare with entrepreneurial expertise from Techstars will enable these startups to create a ripple throughout the modern healthcare ecosystem.
Selected startups include:
- Virtue Health – develops digital therapeutics for underserved health conditions.
- clearstep – AI symptom checking + care routing + price transparency + scheduling = digital front door for healthcare.
- Phraze – lets healthcare providers focus on patient care by automating their clinical documentation requirements with its AI-powered digital medical scribe.
- Mountain Health – helps users manage healthcare finances while saving them money on essential primary care services.
- Suggestic – personalized nutrition platform.
- Shurpa – solving the logistics of transportation, with a focus on managed care organizations.
- Bloom Circle – empowering seniors to take charge of their health and find community.
- Revealix – makes monitoring diabetic limb health simple. Its dedicated suite of mobile imaging and connected health tools helps reduce amputation rates through the early identification and engagement of at-risk patients.
- WalkWise – its smart walker attachment helps seniors maintain their independence by monitoring wellness, health, and safety.
- Triggr – a real-time texting platform that helps drive meaningful engagement for individuals traditionally disengaged from their health.
For the next three months, the 10 companies selected for this year’s program will iterate on their business models and accelerate their companies through access to capital and hands-on mentorship.