GoodRx launched GoodRx Health to provide research-based answers to vital health questions. Unlike other consumer health destinations, GoodRx Health takes a new approach to health information with concise, actionable knowledge delivered via GoodRx Answers, Health Wizard tools for navigating tough choices, and thousands of award-winning Explainer videos on today’s crucial health concerns.
How does it work?
Powered by a dedicated editorial team, including leading doctors, pharmacists, and healthcare experts – GoodRx Health aims to tap into the current consensus of medical research with the goal of creating the most trusted and most useful health information resource on the internet, following our editorial guidelines. GoodRx Health strives to take the idea of a “literature review” to the general public by poring over existing research and consulting with health experts to capture the latest state of clinical and scientific knowledge in clear, succinct language. With hubs dedicated to important health topics like diabetes, heart disease, and dozens more, GoodRx Health delivers actionable cost and savings information that arms consumers with the knowledge they need to make better decisions about their health.
GoodRx Health’s content focuses on four main areas:
- Health Knowledge: GoodRx dives deep into medical research and scientific literature to address common health questions with useful information reviewed by physicians, pharmacists, psychologists, psychiatrists, or veterinarians, depending on the subject matter.
- Financial Guidance: Healthcare expenses can hit hard, so GoodRx offers resources around cost, savings, and insurance coverage to arm consumers with the information they need to make smart decisions about their money and their health.
- Drug FAQs: Getting a straight answer on basic medication questions can be surprisingly hard, in part because so many websites use the same third-party content libraries. GoodRx Health takes a different approach with original, pharmacist-written and -reviewed information about thousands of prescription medications.
- Trustworthy Research: GoodRx’s research team of health economists, data analysts, and public health experts publish timely and original research around drug prices, fill trends, and the U.S. healthcare system so consumers can stay up-to-date on the latest information.
All this information is delivered in unique formats to help consumers find the health information they need:
- GoodRx Answers – which aim to be definitive and to satisfy people’s concerns. If the state of research is uncertain, GoodRx will point readers to the best academic studies found on a given topic.
- Health Wizards – the custom decision tools will help readers navigate tough choices, such as which Medicare plan is best.
- Health Debunked – In these reports, GoodRx’s science-first editorial team probes the latest health fads, trends, and hearsay – from vaginal steaming to COVID-19 vaccine rumors – to expose falsehoods and lay down the truth.
- Video Explainers – GoodRx offers thousands of informative, easy-to-understand videos to help readers learn about complicated health topics.
GoodRx Health draws upon a unique combination of media savvy and medical expertise, with a team of editorial veterans including Thomas Goetz, MPH, the former executive editor of WIRED; Amy O’Connor, former editor in chief of Health.com and editorial director of Everyday Health; Stacy Lawrence, former editor in chief of FierceBiotech, and medical experts such as Preeti Parikh, MD, a board-certified pediatrician and assistant clinical professor at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine; Sharon Orrange, MD, MPH, a primary care doctor and professor at the University of Southern California; and Alyssa Billingsley, PharmD, a licensed pharmacist and expert in patient education and health information. In keeping with GoodRx’s focus on healthcare savings and practical knowledge, our team includes veterans from The Wall Street Journal, MarketWatch, and NerdWallet.
On the record
“GoodRx empowers consumers with the information they need to be advocates for their own health,” said Doug Hirsch, co-CEO and co-founder of GoodRx. “Our digital marketplace provides prices and discounts so consumers can find affordable prescriptions and medical care. With GoodRx Health, we can connect the millions of people who already come to our site with the credible and helpful information they seek about medications, health conditions, and healthcare costs.”
GoodRx Health builds upon GoodRx’s decade of experience as America’s leading resource for healthcare savings. Almost 20 million people visit GoodRx every month, and our editorial team has already published thousands of stories that have earned top rank on competitive queries about topics from erectile dysfunction to COVID-19 vaccines. Now, GoodRx Health expands upon this foundation to include subjects from health insurance to women’s health, and weight loss to mental health. GoodRx Health also includes thousands of engaging, expert videos from HealthiNation, the leading health video education company acquired by GoodRx in early 2021.