Capsule SmartLinx Vitals Plus

Capsule’s patient monitoring system clears the FDA

Called SmartLinx Vitals Plus, the solution integrates vital signs monitoring, documentation and connectivity in a single device.
Leaf sensor

Leaf Healthcare raises $3.3M for its patient monitoring sensors

The company makes a wireless monitor that tracks patient position and movement which can be used to alert nursing staff as to which patients need to be moved.
Owlet Baby Care

Owlet Baby Care secures $7M for its Smart Sock baby monitor

Launching this fall, the Owlet Baby Monitor tracks an infant's vital signs like heart rate and oxygen levels to alert parents if their baby stops breathing.
InfoBionic

InfoBionic raises $8M for its remote monitoring device

The funds will be used to commercialize the second generation of the MoMe Kardia device that transmits a continuous feed of the patient's heart rhythm.
PhysIQ

FDA clears PhysIQ’s Personalized Physiology Analytics Engine Software

It is the first FDA-cleared product to receive the code PLB: Automated calculation of a summary index based on several individual measured vital sign inputs.
Sentrian

FDA greenlights Sentrian’s Remote Patient Intelligence solution

Sentrian's RPI is not subject to further FDA regulatory requirements at this time, and the company can immediately begin marketing its solution in the U.S.
Penn Medicine

Penn Medicine testing wearable patient monitoring

The hospital didn't share which monitoring devices it's using but said these are FDA-approved hospital products, not consumer devices, and are worn on the arm.
health self monitoring

21 million people used smartphones for health self-monitoring in 2013

Around 17 million (81%) of these individuals lived in the U.S., while the remaining 4 million (19%) lived in other countries, according to BCC Research.
Health Harmony

Intel-GE Care Innovations to test telehealth with the Front Porch Center for Innovation and...

Select residents of Kingsley Manor in Los Angeles and Claremont Manor in Claremont, CA will use Care Innovations' RPM platform to collaborate for better care.
toSense

toSense’s CoVa Monitoring System clears the FDA

The necklace-like device is made for at-home patients with chronic illnesses, such as congestive heart failure (CHF), COPD, hypertension, and renal failure.